Easy methods to Get Desktop Alerts for Gmail in Your Browser
Desktop alerts straddle the realm between helpful and annoying. It’s helpful at instances you’re ready for an vital electronic mail, or in conditions the place your inbox isn’t always being bombarded with new messages. For individuals who get a whole lot of electronic mail, it’s undoubtedly a detriment to productiveness. That mentioned, there’s nonetheless a time and a spot for notifications, as long as you’ll be able to tune them out, or successfully handle them.
Right here’s the way to get Gmail notifications in your browser.
Settings in Home windows
- Open the Begin menu by clicking the Home windows icon on the backside left of the Desktop.
- Select Settings from the record of accessible choices.
- Click on Methods from the highest left of the display screen.
- Choose Notifications and actions.
- Set Google Chrome to On. Do the identical for different browsers, in case you open Gmail in different browsers.
- Click on X to shut the window.
Settings in Gmail
- Click on the gear icon within the higher proper nook of a Gmail window.
- Click on Settings within the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to Desktop Notification choices.
- Choose the New mail notifications on possibility.
- Scroll right down to the top of the web page and click on Save Adjustments.
Credit score: Microsoft